Students who have received some theological training at an accredited institution may receive credit for up to a maximum of seven courses in MSP, upon submission of an official transcript of credits. Transcripts should be forwareded to the Registrar (email@example.com) for evaluation and determination.
The Ministerial Study Program is not officially accredited by an accrediting association, nor is it a degree program. However, it is recognized by some Alliance schools, including Crown College and Nyack College, which have clearly articulated statements of the college credit an MSP graduate can receive. Students may take classes through a college's online program and the MSP simultaneously, or they may finish MSP first, and then complete their degree at the college. For more information, contact the admissions office of either Nyack College or Crown College.
The Ministerial Study Program is designed as a 3-to-5-year program. However, as a self-paced study, some students may complete the program in more, or less, time.
In order to remain active in the program, students must continue to meet the following guidelines:
- An MSP student who enrolls in a new course will have a maximum of six months in which to complete and submit all assignments and requirements for that course.
- An MSP student is required to complete a minimum of two courses in each twelve-month period.
Course Extensions & Program Reactivations
The Ministerial Study Program recognizes that unexpected changes are a part of life and ministry. For this reason, program re-activation and course extensions are available.
A student may extend their time limit per course by paying an extension fee of $30 for an additional 60 days, up to a maximum of two times per course. The extension must be applied and paid for at least 14 days before the end of the six-month time period.
A student may request reactivation in the MSP program by first obtaining permission from their District Superintendent, then completing the reactivation form. A fee of $50 is charged for reactivation of a student who has dropped-out or timed-out of the program. The student can continue in their last active course without additional payment, and will have 60 days to complete the course (with no extension).
Refunds & Withdrawals
When a student chooses to withdraw from an MSP course due to family, work, or ministry issues, the following policies will apply:
If a student notifies the Registrar’s Office of their intention to withdraw from the course within fifteen (15) days of the course registration, the student can choose to receive either:
- a 100% refund of the course registration fee (minus a 3% processing fee), or
- the option of transferring 100% of the registration fee to another MSP course.
If a student notifies the Registrar’s Office of their intention to withdraw from the course within thirty (30) days of the course registration, the student can choose to receive either:
- a 50% refund of the course registration fee (minus a 3% processing fee), or
- the option of transferring 50% of the registration fee to another MSP course.
No refund will be issued if a student notifies the Registrar’s Office of their intention to withdraw from the course more than thirty (30) days after course registration.
To withdraw from a course and request a refund, please submit the withdrawal form. For questions, please contact the registrar (Linda Adametz) at registrar@CMAllianceU.org.
Ministerial Study Program (MSP)
- General Information
- MSP 101: The Story
- MSP 102: The Walk
- MSP 103: The Book Part 1
- MSP 104: The Church
- MSP 105: The Mission of God and the Alliance Family
- MSP 201: Ministry Leadership 1
- MSP 202: The Book Part 2
- MSP 203: Communicating Biblical Truth 1: Preaching
- MSP 204: Understanding the Old Testament
- MSP 205: Understanding the New Testament
- MSP 301: Ministry Leadership 2
- MSP 302: Communicating Biblical Truth 2: Teaching
- MSP 303: Building the Church: Evangelism and Leadership Development
- MSP 304: Understanding the Alliance: Alliance History and Polity
- MSP 305: Navigating Change, Power, and Conflict in the Church
- MSP Graduation Requirements
- Application Process
- Tuition Cost
- MSP Evaluators
- MSP Policies
- Children's Disciplemaking Leadership Certificate (CDLC)