MSP 202: The Book Part 2: Reading the Bible as Literature
The Book Part 2: Reading the Bible as Literature
Ministry leaders must be able to handle the Word of God correctly. They must be familiar with the nuances of biblical literature, genre, and interpretive methods. This course focuses on helping students understand the Bible as literature, biblical genre, and appropriate biblical interpretation methodologies.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Understand the basic components of various biblical genres.
- Analyze how to identify different forms of biblical genre.
- Demonstrate how to implement a process of discovering and articulating the hermeneutical "big idea" of a literary unit.
- Evaluate various forms of historical interpretation
- Evaluate the use of textual criticism for ministry leaders.
Watch a sample lesson.