MSP 104: Old Testament Survey
The Church: Living in Community
Did you know that when Jesus talked about the church, He called it his bride? What does it mean to be part of Christ’s church? The Church is a course that is designed to uncover the truth that we are all made for community and are dependent upon one another. Through an investigation of Scripture, students will discover that the members of the church are gifted, empowered and that together they can change the world. This class introduces students to the topics of ecclesiology, pneumatology, and spiritual gifts.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Understand the basic components of ecclesiology.
- Comprehend the implications of the historical Christian creeds on the church today.
- Demonstrate the practical use of one’s Spiritual Gifts in light of their personality traits.
- Analyze the central role of elders, deacons, and ministry leaders in the local church.
- Evaluate the essential functions of the local church.
Watch a sample lesson.