MSP 103: New Testament Survey
The Book Part 1: Listening to the Voice of God
The Bible is God’s Word written for all people. Sounds pretty important…then why is it so hard to understand? The Book is a course that offers practical steps on how to read, interpret and apply the Bible in our everyday lives. This class introduces students to the topic of basic hermeneutics.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Understand the basic components of biblical hermeneutics.
- Comprehend the implications of understanding the Bible is historical literature.
- Demonstrate the practical use of the inductive bible study method.
- Analyze the central role of Christian community in the interpretive process.
- Evaluate the divine nature of the Bible and its implications for the interpretive process.
Watch a sample lesson.