MSP 305: The Leadership Opportunity
This course blends a shepherd-leader philosophy of ministry with an introduction to basic peacemaking skills and understandings. This "capstone" course enables the student to discover and implement a biblical approach and response to leadership and conflict in the local church.
The learner will be able to:
- Explain how the gospel provides a biblical paradigm for preventing destructive conflicts and responding as peacemaking leaders.
- Understand peacemaking through Scripture’s central image of shepherd leadership.
- Describe a “culture of peace” and outline a practical strategy of how to build it.
- Explain why a unified leadership team is critical to ministry and how to build one in your church.
- Describe a biblical theology of change and develop a set of biblically-informed, practical implementation guidelines.
- Demonstrate the practical skills needed in conflict coaching, mediation, and negotiation.
- Lead a congregation in understanding and exercising redemptive and loving discipline.
- Acceptance into the Ministerial Study Program
- A ministry coach appointed by the District Superintendent
- Access to a computer or mobile computing device with internet access
- Payment for the course through our online enrollment system
Ministerial Study Program (MSP)
- General Information
- MSP 101: Church Ministry I
- MSP 102: Inductive Bible Study
- MSP 103: New Testament Survey
- MSP 104: Old Testament Survey
- MSP 105: Disciplemaking
- MSP 201: Church Ministry II
- MSP 202: Introduction to Theology
- MSP 203: Alliance Polity Course Part 1
- MSP 204: Alliance Polity Course Part 2
- MSP 205: Romans
- MSP 206: Expository Preaching
- MSP 301: Church Ministry III
- MSP 302: Life of Christ
- MSP 303: Raising Leaders for the Harvest
- MSP 304: Alliance Strategies in Mission
- MSP 305: The Leadership Opportunity
- MSP Graduation Requirements
- Application Process
- District Coach
- Tuition Cost
- External Courses
- MSP Evaluators
- MSP Policies
- Life on Life Formation(LOLF)
- Children's Disciplemaking Leadership Certificate (CDLC)