How we relate to each other in the CMAllianceU online “classroom” is based on Our Values and how we understand our Creator’s relationship with each of us. Learning involves changing our minds, challenging our attitudes, and adjusting our behavior, and can provide additional opportunities for misunderstanding and conflict, as well as for humility and integrity. The following policies form some basic agreement for how we interact together in the virtual classroom.
The Alliance in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas is a diverse denomination, and over 40% of our congregations are part of an ethnic district or association, and/or using a language other than English for worship. So, it is no surprise that CMAllianceU is committed to active, intentional, and ongoing engagement that challenges assumptions and broadens perspectives. In online discussions and at face-to-face training events, fellow students and coaches have the right to be free of discrimination or harassment based on their race, age, sex, national/ethnic origin, disability, or previous military service.
Freedom of speech and expression is critical in an interactive learning setting, and reflects our recognition of the image and activity of God in each individual. As a matter of character, we also value the respect given to CMAllianceU online systems and information technology. To that end, users agree to adhere to the following policies:
- Keep your CMAllianceU password private and use only your own account for accessing the site.
- Access the site and courses only for lawful and ethical purposes.
- Respect the privacy of other participants in the course.
- Respect the diversity of opinions among the evaluators, coaches, and other students in the course, and respond to them in a courteous manner. Electronic communication consisting of all caps, large font, or bold print is unprofessional, and others may interpret it as attack or verbal abuse.
- Maintain an environment free of harassment, stalking, threats, abuse, or insults to the Evaluators, coaches, and other participants in the course.
- Student Grants
- Textbook Finder
- CMAU Bookstore
- Student Resources
- Administrative Resources
- Evaluator Resources
- Coach Resources