Alliance Polity Course
All candidates for licensed ministry in the C&MA are required to successfully complete an approved course in Alliance polity and distinctives (Uniform Policy on Licensing and Certification, Section E3 of the C&MA Manual). The online Alliance Polity course helps you meet that requirement
Schedule: Upcoming Cohorts
- May 6, 2018- July 14, 2018
- June 3, 2018- August 11, 2018
- July 1, 2018- September 8, 2018
- August 5, 2018- October 13, 2018
- September 2, 2018- November 10, 2018
- June 10, 2018- August 18, 2018
- July 29, 2018- October 6, 2018
- August 26, 2018- November 3, 2018
- September 23, 2018- December 1, 2018
- October 28, 2018- January 12, 2019 (allows one week off at Christmas)
Who is this for?
You’ll need the Alliance Polity course if you are a:
- Candidate for licensing who did not graduate from an Alliance institution
- Alliance college/seminary graduate who did not take a course in Alliance Polity
- Student enrolled in the Ministerial Study Program
- Worker who is transferring into the Alliance from another denomination/association
- Prospective International Ministries candidate
- familiarizes you with the significance and history of The Alliance
- enables you to provide competent pastoral leadership and care for a local Alliance congregation
- imparts the Alliance vision and core values
- leads your church to participate locally, regionally, and internationally in The Alliance’s global mission
The course is divided into two ten-week sections, or cohorts. Each cohort is offered on a regular schedule and lasts 10 weeks, for a total of 20 weeks study in the full course. Each cohort has an evaluator who will interact with your discussion forum posts and grade your work.
To best fit your own schedule, you register and pay for each of the two cohorts separately. The registration fee for each of the two cohorts is $100, a total of $200 for the full course. All resources and materials are included online, so you do not need to purchase extra textbooks.
Alliance Polity has four parts, or modules. You’ll take modules one and two in the first cohort, and modules three and four in the second cohort.
- Module 1: Alliance Family Values
- Module 2: Christ-centered Theology
- Module 3: Christ-centered Acts 1:8 Movement
- Module 4: Alliance-family Structures
Some Districts offer one or more of the Alliance Polity modules through an onsite, face-to-face workshop event. You may want to check with your district concerning their upcoming schedule of live events.