Too long we have assumed that the souls of our leaders are healthy. Consequently, we have overlooked our need to be spiritually formed by the nature and character of Christ. The best thing we have to offer another is our authentic selves as we are being transformed more and more into the likeness of Christ—heart, soul, mind, and strength (Ruth Haley Barton); and in the way we love others.
Our purpose is to equip Christian believers for participating in the work God is doing in the life of another; that is, joining another's journey to assist in "calling forth" God's eternal plan for his/her life. We consider this a "LIFE-on-life" process—God's LIFE on my life and my life on others.
...God's plan wasn't written out with ink on paper, with pages and pages of legal footnotes, killing your spirit. It's written with Spirit on spirit, His life on our lives! 2 Cor. 3:6 (MSG)
We believe that holistic leadership is more than skill development and theological acumen. Our goal is to address the needs of the whole person. The hindrances to a leader's effectiveness demand personal intervention. Jesus dealt with the matters of the heart, and we must do the same—beginning with ourselves. Spiritual formation is slow, incremental, and happens over time in community.
We offer individual spiritual direction and a training process for leaders in spiritual formation. This is structured through a series of regional retreats arranged by cohorts made up of individuals who commit themselves to a series of nine retreats throughout three years. Spiritual friendships are a key component of transformation. They develop as a natural result of regularly retreating with the same people.
Who is this for?
Who is this for?
- Biblical/ Theological Foundations
- Spiritual Formation
- Professional Skill Development
- Spiritual Friendships
- A CMAllianceU account
- Access to a computer or mobile computing device with internet access
- A printer is helpful for some sections, but not required
- Payment for the course through our online enrollment system
Registration costs cover room, all meals, and materials.
Ministerial Study Program (MSP)
- General Information
- MSP 101: The Story
- MSP 102: The Walk
- MSP 103: The Book Part 1
- MSP 104: The Church
- MSP 105: The Mission of God and the Alliance Family
- MSP 201: Ministry Leadership 1
- MSP 202: The Book Part 2
- MSP 203: Communicating Biblical Truth 1: Preaching
- MSP 204: Understanding the Old Testament
- MSP 205: Understanding the New Testament
- MSP 301: Ministry Leadership 2
- MSP 302: Communicating Biblical Truth 2: Teaching
- MSP 303: Building the Church: Evangelism and Leadership Development
- MSP 304: Understanding the Alliance: Alliance History and Polity
- MSP 305: Navigating Change, Power, and Conflict in the Church
- MSP Graduation Requirements
- Application Process
- Tuition Cost
- MSP Evaluators
- MSP Policies
- Children's Disciplemaking Leadership Certificate (CDLC)